Welcome to the Okinawan Goju Ryu Kenkyu Kai Webpage! The OGRKK was officially formed in June of 1999, by John S. O’Hara, 9th Dan, Hanshi (please see Tab that says Founder) and Steve Wilson, 7th Dan, Shihan. The purpose of our organization is to practice, teach, and perpetuate the historical, technical, philosophical, and social implications of Okinawan Goju Ryu Karate Do.
We currently have Shibu (member) dojo in California, Colorado, Washington, Puerto Rico, and Illinois. We are accepting applications for new members in others states and would like to hear from you if you are interested in becoming a member or member dojo. If you enjoy traditional training in a professional, positive, and personal environment; absent of politics, egos, and high cost, you should contact us.
To learn more about the organization and how to join, please look around our webpage. We are an organization that is family oriented. We offer traditional training and certification in Okinawan Goju Ryu Karate and Kobudo.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Learning traditional Okinawan Goju Ryu Karate and Kobudo
2. Rank Certification in Karate and Kobudo
3. Two annual organizational training events – one for all members and one advanced
4. Access to research, technical understanding, and written articles by members
5. Members access to “members only” section of webpage and to Facebook group
6. Organization Newsletter
7. We have some of the lowest fees, if not the lowest fees, of any organization
8. Children do not pay a membership fee
9. No politics
10. Family oriented organization